eBay Top-Rated Seller
Member Since: 2005
Main Products: Collectible bank notes
Jairus' eBay Story
- Jairus was already an avid banknote and antique collector when a friend introduced him to eBay in 2005. He quickly found it a great place to buy and sell nearly everything.
- When PayPal was launched in Indonesia in 2007, making receiving payments easier, Jairus first thought was, "I'd like to sell something!
- He started off selling banknotes from his personal collection but was soon sourcing banknotes from dealers to be sold on eBay.
- Jairus chose to sell banknotes as there are banknotes from every part of the world along with a large number of collectors who specialize in various segments – in other words large supply and large demand.
- At the same time, banknotes are considered a good investment and there is the challenge of sourcing for rare notes that are highly valued by collectors.
- Moreover, banknotes can easily be shipped internationally.
- Jairus built his reputation as a trustworthy seller by providing the best possible customer service.
Keys to Success
- His key to not only overcoming this challenge but being a successful seller is to provide the best possible customer service.
- For example, he helps his customers track their packages and updates them if there are any delays or if they need to pick up the shipment from the post office.
- His honesty coupled with his personalized service has enabled him to compete effectively with larger sellers who offer wider product choices at lower prices.