Orawin Nantasen (Poon)
Southeast Asian Seller
Member Since: 2007
Main Products: Fashion Accessories, Silk Products, Home Décor
Poon's eBay Story
- Once a successful corporate executive, Poon left the business world to spend more time with her family.
- She began exploring the possibility of running an e-business on eBay as it would mean being able to work from home.
- She listed her first items on eBay in 2007. Instead of making a huge initial investment, she started by testing the market with a wide range of fashion accessories.
- Over time, she learnt what products sold well, while also improving her photography skills and the listings she created.
- The fashion accessories as well as premium hand-made silk products and home décor items she now sells are very popular among international buyers, drawing customers from the US, UK, Australia and Canada.
- eBay currently generates a 5-figure monthly income for Poon.
Keys to Success
- Poon believes in cashing in at the right time by stocking seasonal items during celebrations such as Christmas or Thanksgiving.
- For Poon, her credibility as a seller is very important. To her, buyers need added assurance to purchase from sellers whom they have never met.
- Apart from ensuring she always delivers on her product promises, she also constantly communicates with her customers.