eBay Top-Rated Seller
Member Since: 2000
Main Products: Autopart
JDM-Motorparts's eBay Story
- Established in 1999, JDM-motorparts employs over 100 people, mainly serving large dealers in the US and South America via container exports.
- Started an eBay store in December 2010 through the eBay for Business program and the export business has shifted into top gear.
- Sales on eBay have been very encouraging with close to 90% of listings converting into sales transactions in the first month.
- Targeting US$2 million worth of sales within the first year and 1,000 listings on multiple sites.
- JDM-motorparts exports and imports high-performance used petrol and diesel engines, as well as all kinds of vehicle components and accessories.
- One of the biggest challenges for JDM-motorparts, was getting its car components to overseas buyers which was overcome through eBay's global online marketplace.
Keys to Success
- The eBay for Business program in particular has been very helpful in helping JDM-motorparts to bring its business online. There is also minimal capital involved so the returns on investment are high.
- The cross border trade business on eBay is helping JDM-motorparts to grow exponentially. Currently around 60% of the business is export based. However, with the additional access to foreign markets eBay is offering, this proportion is expected to grow significantly.
- eBay has been a great platform for the clearance of stock that can no longer be sold via existing sales channels, providing JDM-motorparts with an additional revenue stream.
- The business is now able to expand its reach to new customers beyond Malaysia to the US and other markets like Armenia, India, Kazakhstan, Russia, Sweden and Ukraine.