How PayPal Works
PayPal for Buyers
Here's why PayPal is eBay buyers' preferred payment choice:
PayPal is safer
- PayPal covers your eBay purchases for the full purchase price and original shipping costs.
- Sellers don't see your financial information.
- You get 100% protection for unauthorized payments sent from your account.
You pay the way you want
- You can use your PayPal balance, bank account, or a debit or credit card.
- If you use a credit card, you still earn any rewards that apply to that card.
- There's no fee when you purchase with PayPal.
You save time
- Setting up an account is fast and easy. And once you do it, you don't have to enter numbers every time you pay.
- The sooner the seller gets paid, the sooner your shipment arrives.
You can shop internationally
- Enjoy a global shopping spree while paying securely in 19 currencies.
PayPal for Sellers
Here's why eBay sellers offer PayPal to their customers:
Buyers like it
- Increase your sales by accepting PayPal.
The majority of eBay buyers around the world prefer PayPal.
You save time
- PayPal is fully integrated into eBay
- Our online tools help you track your payments and quickly ship your goods.
You save money
- Accept debit and credit cards without the hassle and cost of a merchant account.
- PayPal offers competitive rates.
- For sellers who process payments under $10, PayPal offers a micropayments rate.
PayPal helps protect you
- PayPal Seller Protection covers unauthorized payment or item-not-received claims, chargebacks, and reversals. See eligibility
- Our 24/7 transaction screening helps prevent fraud.
- eBay and PayPal offer tools to help resolve disputes, issues, and problems before they happen.