Protection For eBay Sellers
All U.S. eBay sellers are automatically eligible for Seller Protection when buyers file eligible claims through the eBay Resolution Center.
When do I qualify for eBay Seller Protection?
If you sell an item that is eligible for eBay Buyer Protection and the buyer filed an item not received claim with eBay on this item, you are eligible for eBay Seller Protection.
To qualify for eBay Seller Protection, be sure to:
- Communicate proactively with your buyer throughout the transaction.
- Ship items within 7 days of the stated handling time on your listing. For pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, ship within the timelines stated in your listing.
- Use a shipping method that provides tracking information and/or valid delivery confirmation to the address in the PayPal transaction details or eBay order details page.
- Signature confirmation is required for transactions over $250.
- Retain your shipping documentation
- Respond to the eBay resolution process in a timely manner.